Thursday, February 25, 2010

Return to Acoustic Club

Last night after my guitar lesson I decided I'd go to the Acoustic club that Village Guitar holds. Village Guitar is the guitar lesson place I looked at back in September 09' but didn't work out to well.

The cost of starting up was too high for me. The banks wouldn't give me any money for it and despite the fact that I like the guy who runs the company (franchise), I didn't get a good vibe from the shop I was interested in. I also didn't get a good vibe from the more established shops either.

I guess it's just one of those things.

However, I'm still in contact with Village Guitar even though they are now competition. Hahaha. They say it improves the breed. Truthfully though, I'm not doing any lessons anywhere near the guy. So I doubt there's any competition at all.

But anyway, Acoustic Club is something that Village Guitar runs on the last Wednesday of every month. It's where a bunch of blokes get together, bring their acoustic instruments along and just have a jam, or chat, or do absolutely nothing. We seem to have a tradition where we are all disorganised. The chemistry seems to work, but we don't end up doing much. Disorganised as usual.

It's a fun evening though. Lots of musician jokes and cliché notes and progressions thrown in while we're jamming away.

I left my guitar lesson on a high yesterday and went from passing on my knowledge to a young starter, ending the night having a jam with a bunch of great guys, sitting in a circle and drinking beer. I think the only way to improve this would be a camp fire. Which I did joke about and said we have plenty of wood around. Hahahahaha.

One of the best ways I've found I learn about music is to just jump in there and do it, which is why I've always gone to open mic nights, music clubs like the Acoustic Club and so on. It's where you really learn. A bit like learning a new language. You can learn it properly with tapes and classes. Or you can go to the country and immerse yourself amongst it. I prefer the latter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a $50 dollar mexican acoustic guitar and love love it.

it wont be long an I will be jammin on my bass.

Pipsqeek said...

Awesome.

I want to go to Mexico one day and get one of those large mariachi bass guitars.

Jamming is the best.

Take care
pip

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase