Sunday, September 5, 2010

Music School

I haven't heard back from the real estate agent. So I thought I'd put a reminder in my calendar to contact him tomorrow. I have an IT customer who I have to attend to that I had to fix a warranty issue for which was pending long before I decided to stop IT support.

I'm not going to bother putting in council approval with this one. I'm going to just set up the business and go for it. There are no shared, common walls. So there won't be neighbouring businesses or anyone for that matter complaining about noise. Not that there will be noise since it's just mostly acoustic guitar lessons.

There will be a drum kit, but I'll get an electronic one which pretty much makes no noise.

I drew up a plan of how the school will be laid out. This is rough though. I don't have exact measurements, so there are no dimensions to speak of on the plan. However, this drawing gives a rough idea of what it will look like when it's done.



Again, this is rough. But provides ideas. My wife had some say, and what she suggested is what you see above. Previously, I had the drum room on the right, with that room being bigger. But it made the rest of the layout smaller, and hindered the idea of having more than two rooms. Moving the drum room to the left created enough room to add two more rooms.

Going for 2 rooms to 4 gives me double the maximum earning potential.

A concept a musician friend told me about was to have the products caged off when I leave. Leaving the music rooms available for music teachers to teach from as they please. I wondered how this helped me. But he continued with the idea by saying that I don't hire teachers, I rent the rooms out to them. That way I still generate money while I'm not there.

The only thing is, the teaching method is not in my control any more because they just do as they please. Nice idea, but not the direction I'm willing to take.

5 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good luck on your venture. I see that there has been a lot of progress. I believe that you are on the right track.

Pipsqeek said...

Heya,

Thanks again for your support mate! The progress has appeared slow. But I know a lot has been done.

It's come time in a project where you look around and nothing appears to be getting anywhere, then one step makes all the pieces fall into place.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Yep,it will go well for you and in a few weeks, after you make your first million or two, you can then fly over here to Texas every week and give me free lessons. Right?

Jovanka said...

It is nice to see everything is working out. Once you have everything running I hope we'll get to see you more often, you have been so busy lately. And don't forget to let me know if your school will give singing lessons.( I hope you do) I am not happy with the school where Emilija is going now.

Pipsqeek said...

I'm not really happy with Emilija's school either, if it's the same one Sash was going to. I think they just string people along. Sash's singing or guitar wasn't really improving at all... a waste of money.

Dizzy-Dick, If I make a million or two, I'd like to set up music schools in disadvantaged parts of the world where children and adults who would otherwise not have the opportunity to explore their creativity, can. Free lessons for everyone! Though I am happy to accept donations. :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase