Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Thursday - whoopdidoo!

Finishing up work soon.

Going to the astronomy club tonight. But on my way, I have to drop off a mates DVD I authored for him. He was having some issues with some movies he wanted to send back to his folks in the UK. For some silly reason he was able to create a DVD project, but was unable to burn it. So he came over last night, and we got cracking.

I got all the movies and files into iDVD/iMovie/iPhoto/iTunes. All the iApps. :) And started to play.

From 7:30ish till 10:30 we got most of it done. Then I went ahead and mastered the project and it was finally done at Midnight.

Got up this morning to continue with the project. Started to burn the DVD, which takes the project data, movies, files, music, pics, and makes them DVD happy. I assume this converts them to a format a DVD player can understand.

I placed a blank DVD into the drive, and when I get home today. I should fine a DVD ready for me to pack and deliver. :)

I suspect it will take even less time next time I do something like this, having not played around with making a DVD in ages. The iApps have really changed dramatically.

My only disappointment was how long the G5 took to encode and convert everything. I thought the G5 was more powerful then that. Considering my one was topshelf not that long ago. I can't imagine film production studios waiting around for things to happen.... I was not impressed. :(

pipsqeek

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase