Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Arty Farty Pantaloons!

Part II of my journey through art was complete last night when Peter and I returned to The Arthouse hotel.

I arrived slightly early, so I grabbed a pint of golden nectar and found myself a seat. Moments later Peter has arrived and we were talking crap when the model got up on the podium and derobed. Unfortunately, while she wasn't attractive, she was rather unflattering for my liking. Her nipples were large, the aereola was pale and blended into her skin tones too much. Where as I like a defined nipple and contrasting colour. Her body was a bit flabby, nothing to complain about there as I like women with meat on them, but the shape was unflattering. In fact, it was almost boyish, with bumps in the wrong places. I decided to have a go, when Peter said he'd rather go to the toilet now than later.

Peter returned moments later, stressing that we move to the other model NOW!

I stopped what I was doing and took off to follow him. When I got to a sensible spot, I turned around to see a stunning model who was actually posing.

The contrast in the two women was too much to say with words. This woman was a professional model. Her poses were well thought out, her stances were magnificent. It was as if she was on display and she had every eye glued to her to see what she would contort her body into next.

While I didn't have a go at drawing her into a pretzel, I stuck to more traditional poses and basically studied her body all other times.

I can say that it worked really well because I don't think I've ever drawn any better in my life.

What more can I say? It was a short night, as I decided I won't bother with last weeks episode on the train ride home..... the usual story with me. Train is late.... train is later.... train is cancelled. Replacement train is late. I got home at midnight last week. This week, a more sensible 10:30 pm was more welcoming, with enough time to have dinner and shower, hitting the pillow and dozing off.

Peter and I will return next week to meet two new models and see how well we can draw them.

Pictures speak a thousand words, so I'll leave you with last nights sketches. My favourite being the very last one. They were all done using charcoal, and I can't see myself going back to pencil unless I need it or it's all I've got.

[nggallery id=10]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase