Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movie time

As most people that know me know well enough that I barely watch television, and I barely go to the cinema to watch a movie. Movies aren't something that provide much satisfaction to me. I'd rather be doing something else, read a book maybe based on the film. During a film I will constantly sit there wondering about other things. My mind is never really there, or here if you happen to be reading this while watching a movie.

I tend to find anything and pretty much everything from Hollywood predictable, a joke and lacking imagination and substance. So, automatically my choices of film are quite slim. Then there's the forage into foreign films, while I usually find them more entertaining than the stuff from the United State, there too lies a great deal of crap that will end up playing at your local Dendy.

What's the solution?

Well, I can suggest not to go to the movies. But that's anti-social and not fun. I'm thinking something more convenient. Quick! To the point!

A while ago I discovered the many Youtube videos that have been created to wrap a film up within 5 seconds. At the time the idea was silly, but 6 months down the track I'm starting to see a benefit to people like me that can't stand sitting down for 2 hours watching some crap spew forth from the so called silver screen. Since colour was introduced to movies I will now refer to the projected filth as vomit. I guess projectile vomit would be apt to say at this stage.

If you can't take a break from our busy lifestyle and want to still end up seeing a film, I suggest you go to Youtube and search for 5 second movies.

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-LvWKwh2U&NR=1]



And the list goes on....


If there's a film you haven't seen, would like to but you just don't have time. Head over to Youtube and catch up on the next 101 films in an hour that you missed out on because you didn't have one earlier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase