Friday, May 21, 2010

Newtown RSL gig


Craig emailed me just yesterday mentioning a gig he booked us in at the Newtown RSL. I was happy because it meant I got to try out my new cajon I bought.

When I got there it was empty. Then 5 minutes later Dennis rocked up and introduced himself. Dennis runs the show down there. It wasn't a regular gig, it was an open mic night. All the same to me. I still get up on stage and play music. So I'm happy.

Dennis asked me "What's in the bag?". "A cajon" I replied. He was confused. So I explained it to him, stopped talking and then said "Here, it's better if I just show you"

So I pulled it out of the carry case it came with. And he knew what it was then. Asked me to set it up on stage. We put a mic near it and I did a sound check. Then he said "stay there" as I got up to take a seat in the audience. All of a sudden I was playing some beats to his music.

I guess I can live up to the name my mates give me "band whore", especially as Craig and my wife walk in to see me up on stage playing music with yet another bunch of blokes.

Newtown RSL is one of the best venues we've played at and the guys who organise the event each week invited us back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got so many posts now its hard to keep up... it looks like yer taking off though

Pipsqeek said...

Heya mate. Yeah, been getting more active with this blogging thing. Starting to put more up on the Revolution Guitars blog too. We're rehearsing every day this week for the theatre production on Thursday (your Wednesday), and I'm playing gigs all other times with a couple of other bands.

Loving it.

I haven't had to fix a computer for over a month now.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase