Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Sando gig

Made it to the Sando for my first paid gig with Craig lat night, early it turned out. But it was okay because I ended up meeting some other good bands. One of which was Satellite. They were fantastic. I liked them a lot. Kelly, the singer apologies to me before getting up on stage saying they were going to be a bit louder than us. They were, but they were also awesome. They rocked.

Little do they know I listen to metal but seldom play it. I like hearing it but find it boring to play.

Met another guy, Andy who was on after Craig and me. At first I thought I may have booked us into a rock gig, which is weird because we'd get up there and play some acoustic stuff when people are expecting something a little harder. But Andy made it much better by arriving in the nick of time, because he double booked himself at the Gaelic Club last night too. So he raced over and played his set. Good acoustic sound, I can't wait to here more of him.

Craig and I played well. Audience input says I need to play more percussion. Not sure whether that means I suck at it or I need to do more in the beats department. Craig and I recorded ourselves and we both felt I should have played less than what I did, so I've held back a lot.

And by the time we left, even though the Chocolate Dog may have been shut.... I was really hankering for some good Mexican food, the cafe up the road had a massive serving of nachos of which I ate every corn chip, bean, the guacamole and meat.

The waitress had a breakdown, not sure why. But the kitchen staff came out and handed us the waiters book and said "write down your order please, the waitress is having problems"

The waitress came back, crying, but still serving. The guy next to us spoke to her, but before he did, he looked at me and asked, rhetorically, "What did you say to her?"

I love the blame. First I had to take down my own order, then I get blamed for a waitress crying. Nice. I'm surprised at myself for not blowing up about it. But I guess I'm in a different place now.

I enjoyed everything about last night, the bands, the music, the people, the cafe, nachos.

It was truly Bizzaro World, the friends that said they'd turn up didn't. The ones that said they can't make it, did. I had to take my own order. I didn't go off at a stranger for blaming me for something I had no involvement in. Weirdness all around. I hate being blamed for things I didn't do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase