Sunday, October 31, 2010

The battle within

There's another blog I read of a friendly acquaintance whom I see once in a while. He's a great guy with the same problems we all face every day. Life's course.


He wrote an entry that talked about a guy who went into the mountains and sat with Buddhists. And while he was there for other reasons, he soon started believing in what the Buddhists believed.


In the end, the resistance to change is futile. We are all influenced by our surroundings and as such, I wrote this reply to his blog entry.




The war inside each of us is the greatest battle of all.


Some people keep their battles inside, not bottled up. Just internal. Meditating and medicating themselves through life's course. Learning as we go, until we expire and move on to the next light.


Sadly, there are a whole lot of people who expose their battles for the world to see. Their war is fought on the outside, and unfortunately takes a few casualties with them, the ones they hurt around them as their mace of life turns around in circles. The carnage wrecking everyone else's life in their path.


There are things in life we can choose and there are things we can't avoid. The last 7/8ths of my life have been clobbered my people around me swinging their mace around and taking me with them. I'm on my own ride now. The first time in life where I know where I'm heading but I don't know where I'll end up.


Cheers
pipsqeek

1 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

You are correct, everyone should keep their personal battles to themselves. Of course, now and then, we may need some help and support.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase