Monday, May 18, 2009

Movies suck

picture-1

A couple of months ago I posted a review of 5 second films. I liked how I didn't have to commit a great deal of time to watch something that is most likely a boring bit of drivel that came from a country that has such an abundance of it, they have to export it for the rest of the world to absorb.... and for some reason, the world laps it up.

I for one can do without such verbal and visual diarrhoea.

Some of my mates think I'm harsh for thinking that most movies are full of crap. Well, they are mostly fictitious. So you can't really escape that fact. But what gets my blood boiling is the quality of the films. You can have a million copies of boring, nauseating nonsense. Or you can have 1 high quality film that you want to watch again.

I'd always take the latter, hence why my movie collection is small.

Last night I spent about 40 minutes in a video shop with my mate who generally rents about 40 films every visit. Sadly, to his and everyone elses disappointment, he only rented three films last night. If you ask me, I would have probably walked out empty handed.... actually I did. I was asked on numerous occasions to pick a film and it wasn't like I didn't give it a chance, but there was literally nothing in that entire video shop that interested me the slightest.

Truth be told, the only thing that excited me slightly was this girl I noticed who turned out to be a woman I use to ride motorcycles with from a previous life.

We finally left the shop with a total of three films. My friend commented on how dismal his arsenal of viewing pleasure was. I don't think I've ever rented more than two films in my entire life. The reaction when we returned to his place was even funnier. His wife commented on the number of DVD's. I suspected that would only last them that night after I leave. I stuck around to watch one DVD and then I figured I'll just go home and read a book before bed with the only feeling I had was that crappy feeling you get when you're standing somewhere you shouldn't be. I couldn't shake the feeling I got from standing in that video shop, surrounded by all that crap.

I remembered looking at random movie titles, thinking to myself, "What the hell is that?", "How does that look appealing?", "Who would rent that film?", "What sick, debauched place has my best friend made me drive him to?", "Why didn't I just sit in the car and wait for him?", "I can't believe how much crap spews onto these shelves, and people obviously watch them... somehow."

I couldn't be a movie buff. I'd probably think everything is crap. I doubt my mind would change, despite the pay, or what appears to be a glamourous job. I'd say it ranks up there with sewer cleaner. I'd rather clean out shit infested pipes than watch 99% of the films there filled that shop or any video shop for that matter. I even received a phone call from my local video shop I became a member of when we first moved into the area only because they had a good selection of films. Once my favourite genre was taken away, I stopped going.

The phone call asked me why I haven't been back in so long. My reply was "because the movies I watch have been taken away. No movies, no point in renting."

I don't know what it is about films, but I can't stand them. Movies suck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase