Friday, September 25, 2009

Opera is good, but sucks

Opera is a web browser that's not too popular. However it works really well. I like it because it's different. I like it because for everyday web browsing, it's great at what it does.

That is, until your everyday web browsing includes blogging, here. I can't seem to log in. And there are many instances online when I search for the issue where others are experiencing much the same thing. People can't log into their Gmail accounts, blogger, etc. Basically Opera becomes useless. Since Google is taking over the world one technology at a time, I don't think they're in competition with Microsoft, I think they're in competition with Virgin.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Opera is great to use. However, the more I use it the more I realise how crap it is.

The other day I tried logging into my website control panel. I get an error saying the site doesn't exist. WHOA?

I open it fine in Firefox, Safari, IE even.

I tried again in Opera. No dice.

I can't blog from Opera because I have to use my gmail account to login, which fails every time. No error though. Which is worse. You can't search for nothing. It just loops back to the login screen.

Then I tried logging into my webmail for my company, which uses Zimbra. I couldn't decipher the screen.

Opera is broken. If you want to see what a broken browser looks like, try it out. You'll love all the features until you try to load a webpage you frequent and no longer can.

It's fun when you have to have a separate web browser just so you can blog and access your own websites.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im no techi and that is why I go with the flow. you and my comuter mad scientist brother could talk. but as for me, I think you were talking computers.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase