Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm riled up

I love sticking it to the man. Any chance I get, there's nothing more fun than sticking it to the man.

But when the man sticks it to a person, and that person is harmless, I get riled up. I get pissed off. I feel like giving the man what the man deserves. A punch in the face.

This article pretty much sums up why I feel this way.

If you can't be bothered reading it, I'll summerise:

A little girl decides to open a lemonade stand. Her mother helps her do it.

While we were young we did this sort of thing, but we did it in front of our house. This girl did it at a Fair.

Inspectors come by, completely by chance and shut her down or she'll get a $500 fine for not having a license to sell food products.

Now, I can see the issue here. What if someone chokes on a pip from the lemon, or someone cuts themselves or falls in front of the lemonade stand, or lightening strikes the stand, with the shock running through the dispenser, into the cup and out to the customer. I can see how this could be an issue.

However, things are very different. There's no glass, there's no pips, there is no lightening. Just a cute little girl trying to be an entrepreneur. Then getting shut down by the man.

Why couldn't they have just turned the blind eye, seen a kid trying to do something positive, and go and shut down the local pizza joint who probably clears all the roaches from the cardboard boxes every evening before opening up the restaurant?

Because they're arseholes.

6 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

I agree, now you got me mad, too.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Oh, by the way, thanks for answering me on your last blog. I can understand the transportation problem. I love mine, but maybe should have got a smaller one. I have a 16" and it quite bulky and heavey.

I started a blog back on July 16 and have so far, posted a new one each day. One of them was about my telescope and some star parties I went to. You may be interested in it. Here is where you can see my blog: http://dizzydick.blogspot.com/

And here is the blog on my scope: http://dizzydick.blogspot.com/2010/07/wondering-about-night-sky.html

I used 3" and 4" scopes for years before I had saved up enough for the BIG one.

Like your blog and I have it on "the blogs I am following". So I know when you post a new one.

Keep up the good work

Pipsqeek said...

Thanks for your kind words.

I thought I did start following your blog. Ah well, I'll do it now.

Yeah, the large scope is great, but too bulky. I can't imagine what I'd do with a 16" Dob. Probably just fix it in my yard and never move. hahaha.

I am interested in getting a smaller scope but trying to justify it since my involvement with music has really taken off this year and I haven't had much time to look at the night sky. But I still sneak a peek at any chance I get.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Good luck with your music. Music makes one's soul sing. What a sad world it would be without music.

Pipsqeek said...

Indeed it would be sad. I know if I don't play music and perform live on stage at least once a week I'll go mental.

Anonymous said...

hey pip , I saw the article too. I had the same reaction. only after bad press did they reverse their decision, but you know the powers that be will do anything they think they can get away with.
I personally have no problem paying someone to sit and eat a donught rather than pick on little kids.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase