Sunday, January 4, 2009

Adelaide - Day 3

Wednesday. Another beautiful day in the Adelaide Hills. Jack and I had some major work to do today and there was no room for messing about. The table needs to be completed. The floors in the gallery are going to be polished and coated again and more tapes will be captured to the Mac Pro.

First thing was first. Breakfast! I had my shot of muesli and kick started my day into full flight with some tapes. While doing that, I went through and imported a bucket load more photos from iPhoto to Aperture as well as from all of Jack’s collection of external hard drives. Yes, there was more.

The import took about 5 hours. To give you an idea of how many photos that is. There were over 100,000 pictures Jack has taken. By my standards, he could retire now and use all the material he has for books and calendars from now until the year 3039.

Jack woke up and he made himself something to eat. I showered and got dressed in my dirty clothes prepared for the days work ahead. We pretty much completed the table up to the point where we couldn’t go any further. With each piece making the table heavier and harder to move around it was time to screw some heavy duty wheels to the base. Turing it over was not easy for Jack and myself. I commented on how he would have managed on his own. There was a laugh, but a serious look about it, followed by a thank you towards me for helping out.

Once we hit the final stages of the table, the only thing now was to get the lightbox slide out table which we didn’t have, so the table was pretty much put aside and that was that.

The next task for the day was to whack on another tape and let the Mac Pro capture that. While that happened, we shifted all the furnishings and works out of the main room until it was completely stark. I swept the floor clean, then Jack came in following my foot steps with a sander just to give it a light touch. I followed soon after with a vacuum cleaner to get the floor spotless, sucking up all the remaining dirt and and dust from the sanding.

Once vacuuming was done, Jack prepped up some floor polish and coating/laquer. This was used to give the floor a nice finish and a hard coating because the wood used was only ply. It’s cheap but it works well. Once the mix was right Jack went in with socks on, poured it over the floor in batches and I stood back while we spread it evenly over the floor. All up, the floor took 3 hours. Once we were done we showered and got dressed to sit down to a relaxing meal and more video capturing.

We ended the night at 1am, only to suggest that we both should have been in bed hours ago because tomorrow was road trip day! On the road with the ute loaded up, heading back to Sydney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase