Monday, January 5, 2009

Adelaide - Day 4

I woke up at 9am, ready for the day ahead. Breakfast planned at the café we went to not so long ago. Jack wanted to see his mate off personally and I was hungry. So breakfast was really sort after. Only, the plan failed and I resorted to having some more muesli. Which was fine, but I was looking forward to a nice cooked, warm meal.

Jack woke up soon after me. I had already showered by this stage and was starting to look at packing up my items. I covered up Jack’s computer after the last tape we did and we prepared for the trip by packing the back of the ute with a strategy. The ute was packed by 10:30 and we hung around the place for a bit, as if saying good bye for good. Had a coffee and we were off.

15 minutes later we drove past the cafe, with lunch in mind now I asked Jack, this isn’t the way to the cafe, isn’t it back that way? He said yeah, but we had to drop off some things first to his mates place. So we did that and I was probed on some stupid questions about computers. So I gave them stupid answers. Things like where do the USB plugs go in. I’d say “Hmm, this port.”

We got out of there pretty quick and Jack and I were off..... to Lunch!

I had lasagne. Jack had fish n’ chips. I flirted with the waitress again and once we paid, we were off on our road trip back to Sydney.

Jack took the first stint and we drove about 3 hours to Lameroo. I told Jack in the first hour of the trip that I can drive when he feels tired. 2 hours into the trip he started complaining about a headache. Another hour and we stopped for an ice cream and a piss. He asked if I wanted to drive. I was more than happy to.

I entered Victoria and the speed limit dropped 100 km/h but geez it felt slower. We cruised through Victoria and I don’t even remember seeing the NSW border sign. We arrived in Hay, where Jack woke up feeling like total shit. He apologised and asked if I was okay to drive. I said sure, I love driving. So we carried on.

There were sections of road so straight on the Stuart Highway that I could see a truck coming the opposite direction from so far away that it was 15 minutes later that it would pass me. There was a section where I passed a truck and the road was so straight I decided to floor the throttle and get the V8 working. Hitting 200 was enough for me in the car. I backed off and let it cruise back down to 120 thrilled that I had hit 200 in a car, something I find scary because of the lack of connection I use to get from bikes. As most people know me will say, I have been over 320 km/h so what’s the big deal with 200. It feels a lot more un-safer doing 200 in a car than it is at 300+ on a bike. I know, bikes are more dangerous, blah blah blah. But people who say that are ones that haven’t ridden one yet.

Onwards to Sydney we finally approached Goulburn and at this early stage of the following morning my brain had enough. It was about 1am and I had been driving since 12pm straight. Stopping only for fuel and a leak.

Jack was luckily feeling a bit better and at this stage he jumped in the drivers seat and brought me home with a pack of lime and pepper Red Rock Deli chips by our side. He only bought it because it matched the car's colour not because he liked the flavour.

I unpacked my gear and went inside. It was 3am and I showered and fell a sleep moments later only to wake up in the morning at 11am with my wife off at work already and the sun blazing at a nice 35 degrees celsius outside.

I got up, showered again, got dressed, had breakfast (lunch) and unpacked my stuff. Now it was time to fight the email server battle and get my domain name back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase