Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Etchy Sketchy

Another week and another Monday night of sketching nude women.

I have to apologise. It was actually two Mondays ago when I drew these sketches and the night tended to lean on the educational side, as I had a chance to draw some parts of the body that I normally ignore or avoid due to my lack of artistic abilities.

The highlight of the night was what you see below. I haven't included my crappy sketches to save face.

Actually the real highlight of the night was when Peter and I later on went downstairs and enjoyed a glass of ale, when one of the models we were sketching during the evening came around and had a chat with us. I guess she saw some familiar faces and was also interested in having a drink after her display of flesh.

I had planned on an early night, but through conversation I discovered she was quite an accomplished musician. She plays various different instruments that I tend to hold in high regard as they aren't the most easiest to play. I really had to leave at this stage, as it was getting on and the following day I had my meeting at BNI at 6:30am.

I regretted not staying around because I wouldn't have minded getting to know this girl more.

The biggest bombshell of the night was when she asked me about myself. Specifically she asked me about music when Peter said I was a fellow muso. Then she asked my why I was here drawing?

While I never thought about it, the answer crossed my mind in a moment and I was spilling my guts as to why I was really there. "Music, rather what I'm playing now has no creative release for me. It's rather lifeless and ordinary but it's music none the less and I still enjoy it. Sketching on the other hand is something that allows me to fully express my creative abilities. That's why I'm here."

The sad part about this was that I came to the moment of realisation music wasn't fulfilling my need for creativity. What do you do?

Well, I guess I'll continue to draw until that no longer fulfils me. Considering that I've been playing music with various instruments since the age of 6, that makes me a musician of 24 years. I guess I have about the same longevity with drawing. Though while I have had the ability to draw from about the same age as I learnt to play my first musical instrument. Drawing is something that has been off more than on. So I guesstimate at least 20 years of art before that dwindles into boredom and I have to find another creative escape.

Until then, enjoy some more art.

[nggallery id=11]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase