Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No Sketch-a-Rama today

Last Monday was a downer. The model was late and when she did arrive, she had a bit of attitude. Unfortunately, this tainted the rest of the evening, and as such my sketches were lame. It wasn't until I moved over to the other model that I was really starting to feeling.

Once things were under way it was okay, but Peter pretty much said it best when he turned to me and said "I can't quite pick the colours, I'm not feeling it with the mood of the room tonight"

He was right. So when he pulled out the pastels which I had never used in my life I went with the blue end of the scale. Only adding a bit of colour later just to add a bit of dimension to the drawing. I was ultimately happy with how the evening panned out even though the beginning was pretty ordinary.

Unfortunately being long weekend, there was no sketch sessions booked tonight at the Arthouse. So there will be no images for this week.

But I've included a few of the nights sketches from lest Monday below for your critique. Hope you enjoy the evolution as much as I have.

[nggallery id=12]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase