Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lesson 4 complete

I have been teaching guitar lessons for a month now. I've had a great time doing it and plan on continuing so. I have had two other student enquiries, but they were too far away for me to travel to. So, at the moment it's still just the first student I got from when I first started.

He's been coming along nicely and asks a lot of questions, which I like.

He's also honest and tells me he doesn't practice.

But I think he's going to enjoy playing music once he starts to learn some more. We've already got some of his favourite bands and songs they sing lined up which we'll play in simplified form once he has the basics down.

He's jealous that other people he knows can play effortlessly. But I've been reassuring him that while it looks effortless, a lot of effort went into being able to play like that in the first place.

I can't wait to get a few more customers like him and the Revesby School of Music will open its doors at a new premises.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow , let me be the first one to congratulated u on your new blog format. Looks great!

This kid sounds like he has some issues to sort out before he will make any real progress. Ive had 3 lessons, but my real advancement came by myself while practicing. I love to practice, every moment I can get away and practice I do.

I went to the slabs last weekend and intended on just jambing with a few slabbers and it ended out being a tryout and they want me to come back and open for the range this comming weekend. I guess Im not the only one who thinks Ive progressed.

Pipsqeek said...

That's awesome. There's nothing like getting that sort of recognition to build up your confidence.

Yeah, the main problem with this kid is he comes home from school and plays computer games. So I said to him, if you only play them once a week, do you think you'll be good at it? He said "No, I'd suck". So I said "Well, with guitar it's the same. If you only play it once a week when I come around, you'll suck at it. 10 years from now you'll still suck at it"

So I suggested he come home from school and play 5 minutes of guitar and then play games. Next week play 10 minutes of guitar and then play games, the following week play 20 minutes of guitar, then play games. And so on.

Hopefully he does it. It'll be a pity and a waste of money for his parents if he doesn't.

Thanks for the compliments to the blog. I was getting bored of the standard template.

Anonymous said...

This template is great! that was good what u said to him. but only he can really decide if he will be a musician.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase