Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nothing to report... apart from

The music shop I was looking into got sold, or so the owner says. I didn't buy it. I was thinking about buying it, but it didn't work out.

Funny part was, I was continuously asking questions about the business, yet when I went to return the financial documents yesterday, when I told them I'll contact them next week with an offer. The owner said to me "It's already been sold. It got sold last week".

So I congratulated him and walked away.

Why wouldn't he have told me about it being sold while I phoned and emailed him all week with questions?

I think he didn't want to sell me the business because I was asking too many questions. Questions which were diving into the business too deep, probably to uncover some dark secrets I'll only find out about once I've invested my money and bet my house on it. Screw that. That's why I pay my accountant money, so he tells me what's worth looking at and what isn't.

To top things off, I got sent the final financial details to the scooter shop I was looking at too. My mate was planning on partnering up with me for this, as it seemed like a worth while deal.

My accountant said otherwise. Through his detective work, we discovered the business is losing about $200,000 per year. And for the last three years the owners have gone more and more into debt because of it. WTF? $200,000 per year. And that's been happening for at least three years according to the books.

I asked my accountant about it, if it was an error in numbers. He said he was going by what the Tax Return says, which is pretty much set in concrete.

This sucks. But I must solder on.

Other than that, I'm sorry to say that I have nothing of real relevance, depth and interest to report. This isn't my usual philosophical post.

I'm tired. I'm in pain, I cut my finger today, and I had rehearsals tonight. Playing guitar was so difficult, I came home early, there was no point in continuing to play half-arsed.

I hope it heals up by next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase