Monday, October 27, 2008

Great weekend - bad ending

I'm dramatising this a little bit too much for I am peeved to say the least about my discovery over the weekend.

Last night I had my nephew and niece over for dinner. I haven't had them over in ages and I wanted to show my nephew the great book on the cosmos I got for my birthday from Mell & Mark.

As we turned the pages and my nephew said "coooooooooool" every page he turned. We got about half way through the book to realise that there are about 50 of the 300 or so pages were folder over.

Normally I wouldn't care. But the book is A3 sized. The photos in it are the highest res possible and large. The colours are brilliant and the fact that it was a 30th present and from good friends means a lot to me. The book was in perfect condition when I got it, I know because I spent several weeks going through it page by page. I would have noticed a giant crease in the pages because they really stand out.

The paper is a very heavy weight. No less than 300gsm each if I were to guess. So they are thick, heavy pages and when they crease, it's almost as if the seal breaks on the surface. Leaving this massive crease and white mark of the white paper under the black print.

It's a little upsetting to see that people have come over, looked through the book and done this. More so that they've put it back with the pages straight, so it's obvious they knew what happend. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. But this isn't an ordinary softcover book you just toss around. I'd imagine I'd be told of this accident if it were to have been noticed.

Sadly, the book is ruined and as such, I have thrown it away. It's like taking the Mona Lisa and adding the finishing touches with crayon.
Not happy Jan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase