Friday, October 24, 2008

We're moving

Yep. Harmonytech, my small IT business I have been running for about 5 years is growing.

Because it's growing, it needs more space. I have found a cheap office space situated in Arncliffe for a really good rental rate. I have currently cleared out a room that I have picked with good light and decent space. Big enough for a desk, a workbench and two people to sit comfortably in.

My efforts to find a good junior to hire as a trainee has been futile. Though I have to be honest, I have only spoken to one person. I'm waiting to actually shift into the office before I decide to hire a grasshopper.

The person I interviewed was disappointingly unenthusiastic about the whole thing. And on top of that, the person who referred them to me told me last week after I mentioned what happened that she knows his older sister who said "I wouldn't hire him".

Now, that might be the case of sibling rivalry. But I'd rather have my family work with me than someone I don't know. So I wouldn't be bad mouthing a brother or sister. Maybe that says something about how they might get along with people... or not.

So, good things are happening around me at the moment. That's all for this week. I'll update you more later with news and pics as they develop.
Cheerio!

1 comments:

beagle said...

You know, I wouldn't hire my Brother either... but then again, we are in different industries and I don't know what a Marine Parts Saleperson and at IT guy would do together.....

So.. party in the new office after you have moved in?

beagle :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase