Monday, January 11, 2010

I lost a Ferrari...

My car was broken into and everywhere I rode my motorcycle, I wheelied on the back wheel.

Dreams are crazy like that. One minute you're doing something perfectly sane, like driving a loaned Ferrari off a friend. The next minute you're looking for where you parked the thing and riding around on your motorcycle that appeared out of nowhere, on the back wheel only to discover my regular every day car has been broken into, totalled and wrecked.

This got me thinking, what if dreams were actually real. What if everything that happened in them was something you actually experienced. You could argue that because the dream happened to you and a lot of the times they can feel real, perhaps I really did experience gaining and losing a Ferrari. Perhaps I did actually watch my car get smashed, and I did ride a motorcycle on the back wheel everywhere around town looking for the Ferrari.

So, just because it's a dream, you can say you still experienced all that. The emotion, the ups and downs, and you wake up in that early morning stage when you can still hear things but you're still in lah lah land, thinking "Shit, my car!". Only to find that it was all just a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I for one am glad I dont remember my dreams/nightmares. Ive had some duzies.

Pipsqeek said...

When my mother was alive, I'd tell her about the crazy dreams I'd have. Her theory was, if you had an insane dream then you must have slept in the nude.

Maybe it was coincidence, but she was right every time.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase