Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The pressure's on

Just an update on the project Val and I are working on. No, not the partnership. The theatre play. Well, Val's done all the hard work, I just play guitar. We had a rehearsal last night and everything went really well. I'm meeting up with him again on Thursday to learnt these last two songs that are outrageously difficult to play and I can't seem to get my head around them.

Still though, 7 of the 9 songs are down pat. We're 100% on those songs. Though the pressure is on because the organisation who's now funding the play has booked us a preview gig in 3 weeks time for the 7th of Feb. Then we're playing an open mic night on the 8th of Feb, just for more practice in a public area.

We'll be doing another official preview in March at the Greek Festival in Darling Harbour, followed by the full theatre piece, played at The Vanguard in Newtown. That's the BIG day. But I'm not sure when that is, maybe in May.

If all goes well, then it's off to Greece.

The pressure is on. Val is feeling it. He's got a lot to do now that I told him "I told you so" back in October when we were all relaxed about learning the songs. I told him "It'll creep up on us and we'll say SHIT, it's January already." And guess what? Last night at rehearsals I said to him, "It's not only January, it's almost half way through it."

He looked at me, knew that we had to all pull our finger out and has suggested we rehearse two or three times a week, not just once.

I have my own pressure at the moment, a guy called me from this business for sale I looked at, sounds interesting and now I have to see the books to make sure it's working well. The agent called me and gave me the old trick of "We have someone else interested in the shop space to rent, I'd rather give it to you." I hate it when agents do that, and I usually say "ah well, find me another premises that's similar." I bet they hate that because I call their bluff. I'm not ready to commit to the place yet as I'm still unsure what's to happen with my business. I'm not interested in making rash decisions anymore. I'm making calculated ones, if I've learnt anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase