Sunday, April 25, 2010

So, a record aye?

I'm not a fan of recoring the music I play. Everyone knows I just like to get up on stage and play some music. Recording the songs makes it serious. When all I'm after is a bit of fun.

One of the bands I play in wanted to record. Which, I guess is okay. I mean, I'll do it because I enjoy playing music. However, the weekend (this weekend), is ANZAC Day long weekend and my wife and I wanted to do something else. Especially since we've both been really busy and haven't seen much of each other, other than dinner and bed.

ANZAC Day is a day of remembrance for all the Aussie and Kiwi soldiers that fought with us in War. "Diggers" are they were called, helped to keep our country safe. And are more or less the main reason why us youngins' can enjoy the freedoms we have. I turned the TV on for the first time in a while, just to watch some shows that document and illustrate the fine men and women who helped with the War efforts. Lest we forget the tough men and women who fought for one of the best countries in the world. Good on ya', you old digger!

My band mates had other plans. And so yesterday we were recording in the studio for 10 hours straight. We spent the entire time recording the drums. With 45 minutes left on the ticker. I went into the control room and laid down the bass lines. Got half way through the 13 songs and it was time to call it a night. Today, I'll be heading back in, in a couple of hours and laying down the rest of the songs, which I should be done with by about 2:00 pm.

Then I'll be heading over to my mates place just up the road for a BBQ dinner thing that he's put on due to his sisters, hot, French/Canadian friend coming to Australia for a holiday. Her accent melts my innards.

Speaking of hot chicks that melt my innards. My wife will be shopping and joining us later. I think she deserves a pat on the back for putting up with my wannabe rockstardom. She'll probably just roll her eyes at me like she usually does. I wouldn't have got this far in life without her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase