Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A friend finally broke his cherry....

A mate of mine who I have motioned towards regarding music in the past has finally broken his stage cherry and got up to perform live, in front of an audience for the first time in his life. I've been telling him it's something he needs to do to overcome his fear of public performance, and if he's serious about his band and his music, he'll have to expose himself to this kind of thing.

For years he's wanted to become a rock star and now his band can finally get out of the back room in his house, onto the serious side of things while hopefully keeping it fun.

He always seems to be amazed that I can just get up and play, impromptu, on-call. In truth, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just good at winging it. However, I've been performing since I was 6 in front of thousands of people, so a cosy open mic night is not only nice, and cosy. But also a better environment. I learnt to play bass guitar from no previous knowledge at open mic nights.

But either way, my mate has finally broken through the void and can now, or I should say should be able to get up on stage with less hesitation to play something he knows how to play like a rock star at home, but now on stage.

Well done mate. Good job!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great! True character is being able to celebrate others accomplishments. Your a good friend and I'm sure everyone is better of for it.

Did you work on those kiwi Indians. I love em and respect Kiwi for keeping Indian Alive and true for all those years of fickle american bike politics. I did trade my indian replica for that range rover, but alreay missing it. I'll get an off road bike for sure when I get to Terlingua.

Pipsqeek said...

I remember when you posted the blog entry about trading in the bike for that big beast of a car. I knew you'd miss it. I didn't get an opportunity to work on too many Indians, but some really old single cylinder Ducati's and some classic BMW's.

Thanks for the kind words about being a good friend. Friends are all I have. If it were not for my mates (wife included, she's my best friend), I would have been far worse off during the dark years recovering from my bike accident. It isn't until you get through it when you look back to realise how deep in the dirt you were and if it were not for friends, you'd still be there.

Friends, the best rehab you can have.

Cheers
pip

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase