Monday, September 29, 2008

Who's birthday? My birthday

Hi again,

I'm officially 30 years old. I still feel like I'm 18. Which is fantastic! And I couldn't be happier with what I have surrounded myself with. Great mates.

I had organised my birthday party to be held at a German restaurant on Saturday night. Unfortunately much drinking wasn't had, like the invite said. I had to drive there thanks to being totally unable to catch a taxi. Not to worry. I got there eventually. I just had to remember to drink less than I should have.

Once we were there it was great though. Having never been there, the food was great. Not Una's great, but very good. There was a mix up with my food, which was a special order. But everyone else seem to have made more of a fuss over it than me. I was happy with my Shöfferhoffer.

Much was drank, eaten and discussed. Every year my presents get better and better.

Mel & Mark got me with whopping great big, huge awesome book on the Cosmos. It's larger than A3 I'm sure, with super high resolution images of space objects. It is a magnificent book that I would normally oogle over in a fancy book shop but never actually purchase it. So, thanks for giving me something I would otherwise never have, that is a brilliant gift, in the true sense of the word.



Sash & Jove got me a little guitar case full of bass picks, which is exactly what I asked for when I was asked. Sash went to all the trouble of making one of the picks into a pendant, getting it engraved and filled with silver. Wow! I have to say, when I buy or make a present for someone, I put a great deal of thought into it. I have never had it come the other way, and it is truly a great feeling to have someone else put as much thought and effort into it. Thanks brother.



Mick & Shane got me a WiiFit. Again, a present I probably wouldn't buy for myself but one I'd always like to have. I can see much fun had on this little thing. I had a go at it yesterday and it's great fun. The jogging game is cool. The ski jumping is brilliant. I've gained 6 years on my life just by playing it for 30 minutes. At this rate I'll live for ever. Another fun addition to the Wii, and a highly typical present from Mick, always thinking about games. That's not all, don't think the wrapping didn't go noticed. Mick wraps his gifts seamlessly, it takes you about 30 minutes to figure out how to open it. I think he gets off on the novelty of making people's lives miserable. hahahahahah.



Stuart & Kim got me a $50 Westfields voucher, which is what they called me to ask if I wanted or not after I turned down the Metallica CD. I think it's now well known, my feelings towards Metallica. This voucher will not go unused. Thanks guys.



Nathan and I really had not seen each other properly since the wedding. His present was a killer though. He got me a years worth of membership to SAGE. Hahahah, the standing joke about this is, I have always said I will become a member but never have. Years have gone by and I am still not a member. Well, not any more I'm not. I can finally say I'm a member, well, soon. I have to go and see him and we'll apply online.

It was great to see Shane and Willy there as well, it's a silly but funny thing. Willy's birthday is the same day, so we never get each other anything, we just shake on it, say our happy birthdays to each other and then eat, drink and be merry.

The ever elusive Neil turned up too. Awesome dude. I know you're not a big social person, so thanks for making it. It means a lot to me and it was good to see you again. I still have your iPod..... again.

It was a great night in the end, rocky start though. But shit happens. I still got there. It was fantastic to have all my mates there and my family. Lurdes, Andre and Annie all made it too. They seem to have no trouble booking a taxi. Though, still got there later than me. Annie was her usual self, a bright light. Andre tucked in the corner with his GameBoy. Lurdes wasn't herself. She didn't seem like she was even there. The next day, I wanted to take my huge book of stars to see Andre, as he was so interested in seeing it at the party, I told him I'll come around with it tomorrow. When I called to see what they were up to, Lurdes told me "nothing" so when I said I'll head over, she didn't say no, she just told me what the kids had planned for their first week of holidays and to come and see them then.

Something is up. I hope she's okay.

Last but not least, today. My actual birthdate. I woke up to Karensa singing me the birthday song, and had wrapped my present for me to open. I got a model of a Porsche 911 GT3, HELL YEAH! and a Ducati 916. Which I already have one of, but when we moved here all my models were packed away nicely, though the 916 suffered with broken mirrors, handlebars, etc. Just like my real bike. Only it hurt a lot less with the Ducati.



I really had a great time. Thanks all who made it that way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 kasplode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Blogger Showcase